Sunday, January 28, 2007

This was weird...

When I left my last job, my colleagues gave me a brilliant leaving present - a subscription to Olive magazine. I've been really looking forward to my first issue, and as I came in last night, I was thinking about eating one of the cakes I'd made before I went out. As I came in I saw that my first issue of Olive had arrived in yesterday's post. It's got a rare and juicy-looking hunk of roast beef on the front, which immediately made me feel hungry, but what I thought was odd was the insert - a little booklet of 30 irresistible cakes, with four fairy cakes decorated with buttercream on the cover. I haven't baked fairy cakes for ages, and I can't remember ever topping little cakes with buttercream before, so I just thought this was an interesting coincidence. Of all the foods to see yesterday...

No comments: