Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mmmm, veggie fajitas

This is just such a good, quick lunch. I suppose it's not really fajitas as it's not served on a sizzling plate with grated cheese and all the extras (is that what makes a fajita a fajita?), but it's warm tortillas wrapped around salsa, sour cream (or actually natural yoghurt, as it is here), warm veg stirfried with cayenne pepper, lots of garlic and sometimes some lime or lemon juice or chillis. Such nice flavours and there's something wonderful about eating a warm, soft tortilla, filled with hot and spicy food, from your hands with salsa and sour cream and the cooking juices running down your fingers. I gave myself a bit too much veg this time and it all collapsed a bit so I ended up eating it with a knife and fork and denying myself all that pleasure. It was still good though.

No comments: