Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friday food (a) pork and pumpkin seed salad

For lunch on Friday I had this rather unappetising-looking meal - a cold pork salad. I'd defrosted the pork to have on Thursday night, but when I got round to cooking I really felt knackered and couldn't be bothered, and my boyfriend couldn't either, so we got a delicious takeaway from the local Vietnamese (singapore noodles, crispy beef and squid in tamarind sauce). But I'd defrosted the pork, so before I went to bed I cooked it up with some onions and garlic, a touch of sherry vinegar and soy sauce and, after cooling, left it in the fridge for the next day.

So, I had half the pork/onion mixture for lunch on Friday with a pack of Sainsbury's crispy salad, sprinkled with pumpkin seeds and pinenuts, some cherry tomatoes (I have no idea why I arranged them around the plate 70's style) and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and balsamic vinegar. It was big, quite filling, and tastier than it looks.

No comments: