Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lasagne lunch

We went to see some friends last night and made sushi. I'm so annoyed - I didn't take my camera and they'd left theirs at work so I've got no photographic evidence. It was really fun - we made california rolls with salmon, tuna, avocado and fish sticks and sesame covered ones with the rice on the outside as well as nigiri and dipped the lot in soy sauce and a pretty vicious wasabi. We were pretty full after our sushi and a couple of spring rolls, but it was just the starter, and then we had noodles in home-made black bean sauce with scallops and prawns (fabulous - my two favourite shellfish). Then, although we were really stuffed, we all managed a bit of homemade treacle pudding with cream. We practically rolled home, our stomachs groaning, but it was such wonderful food we couldn't help but find our eyes were bigger than our bellies.

Anyway there was no need for breakfast this morning, but we had a friend coming round for lunch so by 12.30 I had to face the food. I cooked lasagne again as it seemed an easy option and we had it with salad with a mustard and garlic dressing and a bottle of fruity red wine. I'd made some more chocolate cakes on saturday to take to our friends so they did for pudding.

No comments: