Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday = egg day

For breakfast, at least. I think I could have difficulties digesting eggs more than once a day. Eggs are funny - they're one of those foods that sometimes, inexplicably, make me feel sick as a dog, and other times they sort me out and stop me feeling sick as a dog. They're great on a hangover, but occasionally they can make me feel queasy even if I haven't caught sight of any booze for days. Strange. And, obviously, they're a great food - anything that's a key ingredient in cakes and baking must be pretty great. And they come directly from the hen - animal to plate, there's not much that can be done to muck them up, I hope.

But, anyway, having eggs for breakfast truly sorts you out for the day. We've been eating yoghurt, blueberries and sugar-free museli for breakfast recently, which feels like a healthy way to start the day, but we'd run out of yoghurt by Friday, so we realised it was a day for eggs. We each had two soft-boiled eggs with soldiers (which were spread with bovril - bovril toast and eggs is a fantastic combination, especially with scrambled eggs, or as soldiers with boiled). This photo's a bit dark, but the egg looks nice. Hmmm, I think I might be having boiled eggs for breakfast tomorrow too...

No comments: