Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pret chocolate brownie

Now, I'm not sure if I've got a bit of a rotten apple here. As you will see from the photo, my Pret brownie (£1.10) definitely got the end of the chocolate chip barrel - it's more like mini chocolate shavings on the top of it. As I broke the corner of it it felt moist and I was pleasantly surprised - I always think of pret brownies as being pretty crumbly and lacking goo. But then the real surprise - I tasted it and I realised why it's different from usual - it's very eggy and undercooked. It also has an overpowering flavour of vanilla, which I could do without. But at least it doesn't taste stale. I'm not sure if this is a true representatative sample as I have had Pret brownies before and I'm pretty sure they weren't like this one, but as I bought it in a Pret I should review it as it is. Disappointing, but for unexpected reasons - 2.5/5.

No comments: