Saturday, October 21, 2006

I just love writing about food...

21/10/06

But, I have to confess, the original idea of blogging about food was entirely a team effort. A colleague and I were discussing the merits of tomatoes - whether tinned, fresh, plum, cherry, sundried, sunblushed or in a paste form - when we realised that approximately 80% of our work-time conversations are about food. Whether it's food we want, food we hate, food we cooked, bought, craved or threw in the bin, it seems to be an obsession. And an obsession usually needs an outlet. So we decided to set up a food blog. It can be found on http://www.foodwelike.blogspot.com/.

So, why have I set up this blog? Well, I've been loving writing almost daily for Our Food Blog, and although I love the anonymous, team atmosphere it has at the moment, I wanted to put the entries I'd written in one space - for me, really, as a personal collection of food memories. So that's why the next 12 or so contributions on Extolling the Virtues of Food all have the same date - it wasn't that I'm having a prolific burst of creativity and the munchies on one Saturday morning. I intend to keep blogging on both, and sharing some or all of my stuff between the two and as my colleagues seem happy with that, here it is, my blogspot to extol the virtues of food.

PS. It may be 9.54 on a Saturday morning and as I was out till the early hours last night I'm feeling pretty ropey - but doesn't this slice of chocolate cake look incredible? Moist and rich, it just might need a bit of clotted cream or mascarpone and it would be perfect.

No comments: