Saturday, October 21, 2006

The First Post of Many...

02/10/06

This was the first post on Our Food Blog.
Today has been a good food day already. Having been to the gym I had to eat my breakfast on the run, and scoffed a marmite sandwich when I got to work. It was surprisingly delicious and is a regular 'breakfast on the run' standby. Opening my emails at work I became ridiculously excited for a Monday morning when I saw an email with the subject heading 'fruit basket'. Yes! It was true! I had won an enormous fruit basket in a raffle on Friday. Sadly I wish I had known about it then so I could have had a fruit feast at the weekend, but hey, raffle winners can't be choosers. I have no idea how I'll get it home. It would certainly defeat the object of winning so much fruit if I spent a tenner on a taxi. I thought I'd check out the canteen lunch with colleagues and was persuaded by a cheeky looking fennel and red onion salad to grab a cartoon. Knowing I had food waiting for me upstairs, I was pretty abstemious - just some of the fennel and red onion, a bit of grated carrot and some tuna in readiness for my main course - creamy mozzarella, a pile of sliced tomatoes and a couple of ryvitas (multigrain, naturally, they're so much nicer than all the others). Wow. What a start to the food week. [Sadly I was too greedy to wait and photograph my food so far, but I plan on recording the existence of the enormous fruit basket before it gets demolished or I drop it on the way home...] I'm delighted to be able to report the photo is now above - isn't it big!!

No comments: