Friday, October 27, 2006

Honeyrose organic fudge brownie

Now, this is a real brownie. It puts EAT's concoction to shame. Rich, chocolately, just the right balance of goo/crumble, it tastes freshly made and indulgent. It looks fairly plain but makes up for that in flavour. Just like a real homemade brownie, the inside is darker and gooier that the dryer, lighter coloured outside. And the organic ingredients list is short but sweet - cane sugar, chocolate (21%), wheat flour, butter, free-range eggs and wheat syrup. (But why the wheat syrup?)

The Honeyrose Organic Handbaking's Organic fudge brownie is quite simply delicious and I'd say with confidence it is the best shop-bought, packaged brownie I've ever tasted. Heavenly - 4/5

7 comments:

Observant Commuter said...

Ah, you obviously haven't tasted the brownies in Kastner and Ovens on Floral Street, Covent Garden. Tell me what you think...

Food Slut said...

ooohh, a brownie recommendation... I shall let you know my thoughts on Kastner and Ovens' offering asap.

Anonymous said...

The best brownies are made by a company called The Amazing Brownie Co. they have a website at http://www.amazingbrownies.com

Just an FYI.

Food Slut said...

Thanks, anonymous, I'll check those out.

Food Slut said...

aarrgh, anonymous, they say they don't ship internationally... let's hope they reach the UK soon - or I reach the US soon. They do look good! Sadly, I think I'm going to have to restrict my brownie search to finding the best in London for now.

Anonymous said...

but where can we find these amazing HoneyRose Brownies

Food Slut said...

They would only occasionally appear in our office cafe, but I found this article which says they are stocked in various London tourist attractions. It's nice to see they're environmentally friendly too:

http://www.groundworkebslondon.co.uk/index.php?page=case_study&id=6

And, if you really want to try them, I suppose you could call and find out if there is a stockist near you. The contact details are below as their website doesn't appear to be up and running:

Honeyrose Bakery Organic Handmade Cakes
6 Fortune Way
London
NW10 6UF(Road Map)
London
Tel: 020 8960 5567
Fax: 020 89605598