Monday, October 30, 2006

Cookies

I disappointed myself today. I had to pick up some eggs and bread on the way home so I popped in to my local Sainsbury's Local - and I thought I'd buy some chocolate as I fancied baking some double chocolate cookies. But when I picked up the chocolate, looked at the price for one bar (fairtrade dark chocolate - £1.05)and realised I also had to buy a bar of white chocolate it all went wrong, as my eyes fell on a packet of Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 'slowbaked all butter cookies - chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, milk, plan and white'. Yes, that is really what they're called. They were also priced £1.05. Maybe it's because I'd had a long day, or because the clocks had gone back this weekend and it felt much later than it was as it had been dark for hours, but I felt baking-fatigue, and persuaded myself it was much more economical to buy the cookies rather than the ingredients. I hate that - I can't believe I did that - home baking is always worth it. When I got them home and tried them they were quite nice, but not outstanding. Home-made are much better - I'll give you the recipe when I've got the energy to dig it out. Anyway, here's a photo - they've got a layer of milk chocolate underneath each cookie, the occasional chocolate chunk and... that's about it.

No comments: