Wednesday, October 25, 2006

EAT chocolate brownie

Bought from Paddington Station branch of EAT and consumed on a train to Reading at about 12 o'clock lunchtime. It had a fairly crumbly texture and the chocolate chunks on the top were slightly stale-tasting and had bloom. It's a shame the chunks weren't inside the brownie - they may have been more protected from the heat/cold exposure that I'm told causes blooming. Overall it had a nice, rich flavour and, although crumbly on the outside corners, the inside had an element of goo - necessary for all brownies in my opinion. The verdict? A pretty good product if you need something to keep you going when you're on the run, but do not expect a fresh-tasting brownie - 3/5

2 comments:

Alvin said...

The M&S and Pret a Manger ones are good though...

Food Slut said...

I remember the Pret being disappointing - and similarly stale/mass-produced as I experienced with the EAT brownie, but I will happily try it again as part of my quest for the best. I don't think i've tried M&S yet, however. Thanks for the heads-up.