Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday Sunday lunch

It's a Friday, but it seems that it's a Sunday, as we're definitely having a full Sunday roast and pudding. I don't know why and I wouldn't dare ask in the post-Christmas frenzy we seem to be experiencing in this house. But I'm not complaining. We had delicious roast beef (topside) from the village butcher, perfectly rare and tender, as you'll see in the picture, with roast potatoes and parsnips, green beans and cabbage. We served it with Suffolk Mud (the brand name - thankfully there's no mud in the ingredients) cider and horseradish mustard and other horseradishes and mustards which went well too.

For pudding we had a sort-of pavlova. Home-made meringue covered with a layer of whipped double cream, then a layer of British pears, sliced, and pomegranate seeds. Delicious. I've shown you a picture of it on my plate and a picture of it whole. It was all eaten very fast. Scrumptious.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you have for tea? Or has the recent binge-eating taken its toll?

Love the site by the way. And the brownie one - have you had the brownies at Baker and Spice in South Kensington? Not the best part of the world, but the food there makes it worth the visit.

Food Slut said...

Thanks, Simon, I'm glad you like it. And no, the recent binge-eating doesn't seem to have halted yet (as you can see from the massive curry I managed to get down me later that day) - maybe tomorrow...

I'll definitely take a trip to Baker and Spice soon - thanks for the tip.